PROTECH is proud of its history of manufacturing just outside Reno, Nevada in the Sparks Business Park. PROTECH provides security systems that detect unwanted intrusions and protect people, property and assets from attack.
Our team is a family and we have attracted top talent from across the USA and abroad. We currently have two openings as we increase our business in the US and expand our manufacturing facility to add assembly of our France-based product line to the Sparks operation.
Please send your resume to Angie Phillips
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
PROTECH (Protection Technologies Inc.) is a leading US-based manufacturer (Reno, Nevada) of perimeter security systems that detect unwanted intrusions at highly sensitive sites. Through recent acquisitions by its parent company, France-based SORHEA Technology and with an expansion of their product line, PROTECH requires a highly motivated, dynamic self-starter to develop its Eastern USA business and manage existing accounts in the territory. The position reports to the National Sales Manager.
- Identifying, developing and closing perimeter security system sales, by working with integrators, end users, distributors, architects and engineer community and PROTECH’s manufacturer rep network in the region to manage and grow existing accounts and open new opportunities (business development activity).
- Site reviews / Quotations / Proposals – developing site plans as the basis for proposals and quotations based on customer requirements
- Presentations/Training/Development – Development and delivery of polished customer presentations for business development and sales opportunities; sales training and support for rep network in region
- Weekly sales reports and opportunities management in company’s CRM system; quarterly and annual sales forecasts and account plans
- A&E Community – build upon existing and create new relationships with the architect, engineer and consultant community with the goal of product specification and education of the community of the PROTECH product line and integration capabilities
- Sales targets – set and achieve revenue targets in conjunction with National Sales Manager and CEO
- Development responses in territory for RFP, RFIs, RFQs
- Monthly expense reporting
- Extensive travel within territory to meet and present to customers (existing and potential) and support to rep network within budgetary targets
Qualifications & Experience
- Three to five years of experience in selling technical solutions, ideally in the security industry, specifically in the outdoor perimeter security market
- Technically astute with proven sales skills
- Ability to travel extensively and work after hours when required
- Quick learner – ability to learn new systems and technology with ease
- Extensive computer skills – CRM systems, Excel
- Results oriented, proven success in meeting quarter over quarter sales targets
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional approach
- Business Admin., B. Eng. or Technical Diploma
Eastern USA Region includes the states of: New York, New Jersey, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and Louisiana.
- Base salary plus commission
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Compare suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Respond to supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- Manage Production Drawings and Bill of Materials.
Qualifications & Experience
- Prior manufacturing experience and Bill of Material knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of ESD procedure, non-conforming process and IPC-610 Standards a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Sage 100 ERP experience a plus.
- A good work ethic and capability of completing tasks.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Interact with co-worker in a positive and professional manner.
- Good organizational skills.
- A positive attitude.
- Time management – ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Continuously seeks to improve processes and procedures.
- Required to sit for a long periods of time.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.