Dual technology sensor for high security applications
Approved by the USAF for Protection Level 1 Nuclear & Below
RANGE : Volumetric sensor, 50ft. x 50 ft. (15m x 15m), 100ft. x 10ft. (30m x 3m)
RELIABILITY : Dual technology sensing configured for “And Gate” operation
PERFORMANCE : False-alarm-free performance over a wide variety of applications
The high security version of the PIRAMID (MIL Version) offers enhanced detection capability for slow moving, fast moving and crawling intruders.
The PIRAMID XL-MIL combines PROTECH’s proprietary “Stereo Doppler” microwave technology with a dual element passive infrared sensor. The independent sensor modules are “And Gated” and must activate simultaneously to create an overall sensor alarm.
PIRAMID XL-MIL detectors can be used in various high security applications such as military bases, correctional facilities and nuclear power plants where the highest level of security is required. The PIRAMID XL-MIL offers a very high POD (probability of detection) of greater than 0.95 yet, provides a very low NAR/FAR (Nuisance Alarm Rate/False Alarm Rate).
|Input voltage||8,5 to 20 Vdc (Also available in 24DC or 24A)|
|Consumption||150 mA @ 12 Vdc (LEDs OFF)|
|RF power density||120 uW/cm² max. at the face of the unit|
|Operating temperature||-40°F to 158°F (-40°C to +70°C (158°F)|
|Relative humidity||0 to 100%|
|Relay contact capacity||0,1 A / 50 V|
|Housing dimensions (cm)||16.5 cm (L) x 13.3 cm (W) x 8.5 cm (H)|
|Housing dimensions (inches)||6.25 (L) x 5.25 (W) x 3.5” (H)|
|Cap dimensions (cm)||23.5 cm (L) x 15.25 cm (W) x 11 cm (H)|
|Cap dimensions (inches)||9.25 (L) x 6 (W) x 4.25” (H)|
|Factory setting microwave frequency||10.525 GHz – USA Frequency International Frequencies: 10.587 GHz / 9.90 GHz / 9.47 GHz|
|False Alarm Rate||1/unit/year based on signal to noise ratio|
|Probability Of Detection||Greater then 0.95|
Must be installed on a solid wall or solid pole with a clear field of view.
For the best detection for a crawling intruder, mount at a height less than 8 ft. (2.5m).
If installed on a building with a metal surface, support must be vibration-resistant.
In most applications it is best to aim the sensor at a slightly downward angle as this minimizes the small “dead zone” direction beneath the sensor. This also helps to terminate the sensor’s protection pattern within the protected area.
The sensor can detect large targets (autos, trucks, buses, etc.) at a far distance. A drive by vehicle test outside the protected area will verify containment of the protection pattern within the protected area.
Do not install the sensor where it can see moving water – this can trigger unwanted alarms.
PIRAMID XL-MIL is a dual technology volumetric intrusion sensor which integrates a proprietary microwave design (termed Stereo Doppler) and passive infrared. These two complementary technologies must be activated simultaneously to generate a sensor alarm.
Advanced signal processing for each of the two technologies provide immunity to randomly moving targets such as vibration, moving vegetation and temperature variations. Special filtering enables exceptional immunity to birds and small animals.
The high-frequency antenna comprises a 24 GHz frequency transmitter (in K band) and a receiver with Doppler effect which detects signal variations caused by the passage of an object in the zone. To trigger an alarm, both two technologies must detect an intrusion.
- Stereo Doppler Microwave Sensor: Two receiving channels with the ability to eliminate vibration and periodically moving objects as sources of false alarms.
- Dual Element Infrared Sensor: Ignores normal temperature variations yet is very responsive to rapid movement by an intruder.
- Microprocessor controlled: Proprietary integrated circuit design provides enhanced digital signal processing for both microwave and passive infrared technologies.
- Balanced Temperature Compensation: Stereo Doppler Microwave and Passive Infrared portions automatically adjust detection parameters to compensate for losses in range that occur at elevated temperatures.
- Stereo Doppler Supervision: A component failure will cause the sensor to lock-in alarm.
- Digital Range Control: Ten-position digital switch adjusts how far the sensor detects (to its maximum range).
- Digital Sensitivity Control: Ten-position digital switch adjusts the amount of movement required to initiate an alarm condition.
- Master Alarm LEDs: Displayed on the face of the unit indicating the alarm relay status.
- Analytic LEDs: Alarm and environmental caution LEDs for both technologies are displayed on the face of the sensor. An internal switch can disable both Master and Analytic LEDs.
- Walk-Test Minisounder: Audible tester to assist in walk-test and initial sensor set-up. The walk test XL-minisounder greatly simplifies the installation as it enables walk-testing and adjustment by a single installer.
- Swivel Mounting: 180 degree Horizontal Adjustment 90 degree Vertical Adjustment.
- Tamper Proof: Tamper switch with terminal connection.
- All Solid State Relay: User selectable form C relay output. A solid state relay is flexible, silent and more reliable than an electromechanical relay.